Welcome to CGA-BC’s Web resources for newcomers to British Columbia and those considering moving here to earn their Certified General Accountant designation.
These resources are for:
- New Canadians, International students studying in B.C., foreign-trained accountants living in Canada or abroad, permanent residents and citizens of Canada who received their education outside of this country and immigrant service providers helping newcomers to Canada.
No matter where you are from, we want you to reach your goal of earning your professional designation as a Certified General Accountant. We’ll outline what you need in order to enter the program and we’ll answer your most pressing questions:
- How to apply
- How we recognize education and training completed in other countries
- What documents you need to study and work in British Columbia
- What career prospects are like for CGAs
- Costs and the time required to earn the designation.
Use our Free Online Assessment Tool to help you determine if your education will earn you exemptions on the path to becoming a CGA.
Please explore the site; there is a lot to learn about our Association and the opportunities the CGA designation provides its members and students. Still have questions? Call toll free at 1-800-565-1211 and ask to speak to a member of the Recruitment & Employment Team, or send an email to Info@cga-bc.org.